This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Monday, January 31, 2011

"I want to be given the roles of bad guys"

The interview from the magazine in El Mundo, from November, 5th 2010. You can find this interview here, on the page 40.



"I want to be given the roles of bad guys"

The Eurovision singer plays a "miserable" revolutionary

Before half of Spain humed that algo pequeñito ou ou uooo, Daniel Diges (Madrid, 1981) had already played in teen series (Nada es para siempre), participated in a lot of commercials and starred in some of the most successful musicals of recent times (Mamma Mia!, Hoy no me puedo levantar, High School Musical ...). Now he's going back to his natural ambient, the scene, giving life to Enjolras, a passionate revolutionary who is willing to do anything to fight for his ideals.

QUESTION: How is it going being a miserable?
ANSWER: I never thought I could be in a project that big, so I'm happy.

Q: Indeed, assembly is not exactly pequeñito ...
A: (laughs) No way. The other day when I arrived, my first thought was that we were playing in the first league. The guy who plays Marius and I have a person to take care of us only. When I did High School Musical, we had a pair of them for the 30 of us. Imagine ...

Q: By the way, have you read the novel by Victor Hugo?
A: Yes, well, I cheated ... I read it from my character, which appears in the middle of novel. But I promise to read it more carefully when I have time.

Q: What is the greatest challenge that you face with this musical?
A: Keeping alive the expressiveness of my voice. I'm a tenor and my partitura is for a baritone, so I have to force my voice a lot and, although I am getting used to it, it's hard. What happens is that some themes are so pretty that I do not care. My character is actually not very important, but all he sings are great hits.

Q: You interpret Enjolras, entirely a revolutionary...A: Yes, he's a kid from a rich family who doesn't care for love. His only passion is the fight for the revolution. That's good, because he is not a typical good guy, and that is a change. Some day I would like to play inspector Javert or some villain. I want to be given the roles of bad guys.

Q: Despite the character you are playing, your fans will be able to see the curls?
A: (laughs) No! They gave me a straight wig, but I look very good in it, right? I hope not to disappoint anyone. It was better not to associate much with the Eurovision boom.

Q: Would you repeat the experience with Eurovision?
A: Not now. I already did that. It is better to let people breathe. In a few years ... I do not know. In any case, it came in very handy: I signed a major record that entrusted in me a lot, I fulfilled my dream of giving concerts... and noticed that people gave me much of the affection, but also discovered that I like a quiet life (laughs).

Q: As for the choreography, Les Miserables is more easygoing than the musicals of Bob Fosse and similar, right?
A: Yes, this is above all about singing, singing and singing. There is even a waltz in which, besides, I'm not on stage. What needs to be clear is where to station yourself, in terms of lighting, which is very complicated. There is also a time when we even shoot bullets! It's awesome.

Q: To say that the Gran Vía in Madrid is Broadway is an exaggeration, right?
A: Well, we're on that path. Every day people are more prepared. I see those youngsters and I'm impressed. In London, at one casting arrives 5,000 people and, for sure, 4.000 of them are great. Here, well ... not so much. But step by step.

Q: I believe you do not stop singing even in the shower...
A: Yes, indeed. My girl is freaking out because I don't stop. The other day I started singing in front of my boy and he said to me "shut up, da". I think it's the first sentence that he has formed (laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment