This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Friday, October 14, 2011

The story of the beginnings of my career

New entry on Dani's blog. You can see it here.

Today I started a trip down memory lane, now with 30 years, of the beginnings of my career with 15 or 16 years, and I can't help having a smile all over my face. Even then I was such a fidget-arse, I had a huge desire to take on the World, and had it very clear what I wanted and where I wanted to get... I lived in Alcala de Henares, leaving at 9 or 10 am to Madrid and not returning until the last train out, about 11 at night... I signed up for more than 10 advertising agencies, fashion agencies etc... I got into a drama school and at weekends performed in an amateur group of Alcala de Henares

The first casting I did, I was picked. It was for a commercial for El Corte Inglés. I remember being told to move, to act a bit silly and at that I was pretty good, what I didn't know is that they had picked me as a dancer (me dancer hihi...), hadn't danced in my life. When I got to where we were filming the commercial they put me beside more than 15 dancers and made ​​me learn choreography. I had no idea that I was hired for that. The truth is that I had no idea what I was hired at all. On the third try, they realized that what I was doing was not dancing, rather the movements of a drunk frog, and had to rethink my place in the ad. I ended up rapping clothing brands looking at camera with a retinue of dancers behind... In the end everything played well!

I kept doing things and everything I did was what I wanted. I did everything, figuration for series, fashion contests, catalogs for El Corte Inglés and many brands more... commercials, all kinds of parades, underwear, fashion, swimwear, ski clothes... I was spending the day in drama class, doing castings and working on the things that show up.

Until one day I got the opportunity to work in the series where I began to make myself known, "Nada es para siempre (Nothing is forever)." I remember that at first they weren't clear whether they wanted me, and they made me pass more than 15 tests. I was going for another character, but at the end I don't know how life gave me one of the protagonists. The series was filmed in Galicia, and I remember that I had packed my bags before they picked me, and had them ready at the door of my home. Every night I was going to sleep imagining, shooting the series, I thought that doing this, the fate would be set in my favor. And it seems that it did... After that series I did many things, I do not know what is left for me to do: I presented children's programs, I did one series more and I even was an editor in a program of Castilla la Mancha in which I also did all the music for header, reportages, etc... and another that was never aired...

I had a pretty big break for 2 or 3 years when I couldn't find any acting gigs or anything, and I used that to do something that had long been wanting: I created my band. With it, I made several gigs in small concert halls, with which we went quite unnoticed, but it made me rethink what I wanted in my life, and that music was that what was going to accompany me the following years of my life.

And so it came that I was given the opportunity to enter the world of musicals. Today, I keep working after 6 or 7 years making almost a musical per year. I have been recording a lot of dub singing, and at the moment, I have one disc on the market and now comes another which I have high hopes with... My goal? Well seeing what I've been through I do not know what the fate has in store for me and to where I'll push or been pushed, but I do know that I will continue working hard and enjoying every moment of it. How comforting it is to look back, remember your beginnings, and with a smile, feel proud that you've been bit a bit achieving things that you haven't even remotely imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment