This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Friday, June 17, 2011

DANIEL DIGES, Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) 1981

You can find this interview here.

The artist from Madrid who has starred in musicals such as Hoy no me puedo levantar, We Will Rock You, High School Musical, Mamma Mia! and, at the moment, Los Miserables. He was Spanish representative at the Eurovision 2010.

He started in musical theater in 2006 performing the character of Colate in En tu fiesta me colé.
In his career stands out performing the characters of Mario in Hoy no me puedo levantar, Galileo in We Will Rock You (2007), Troy Bolton in High School Musical (2008) and Sky in Mamma Mia! during the first part of its national tour (2009-2010). Prior to his career in musical theater he has participated in different TV shows, reaching popularity with the character of "Gato" in  teen series of Antena 3 “Nada es Para Siempre” (1999-2000). 
He was Spanish representative at Eurovision Festival 2010 with the theme “Algo Pequeñito” and, after obtaining attention of media through this achievement, he released his first album “Daniel Diges” in may 2010.
Currently he plays the role of Enjolras in the Spanish production of Los Miserables premiered at the Theatre Lope de Vega in Madrid in November 2010.


- The first musical you have seen and/or has impacted you: The first one, the first version of La Bella y la Bestia (Beauty and the Beast) and the one that impacted me Hoy no me puedo levantar and incidentally a few weeks later they called me to do the casting, my first casting for a musical.

- You would like to do a duet with: Sergio Dalma singing the song: “Bailar Pegados”.

- Webber or Sondheim? Webber.

- London or New York? London, I haven’t been in New York, but if I had I think I would choose New York.

- Do you keep the programs of the musicals you go to see? No.

- A critical moment lived on the stage (as performer and/or as spectator): My mind went blank on my first performance as Mario in Hoy no me puedo levantar.

- An unforgettable moment (as performer and/or as spectator): As performer, Galileo’s final moment on We Will Rock You; and as spectator, the first scene of El Rey Leon (Lion King).

- Any superstition or mania before the premiere? I do Reiki.

- A character of musical that you would like TO BE (not TO PERFORM): Enjolras. I don’t know any other character with such confidence and courage.

- A character of opposite sex that you would like to perform: Donna of Mamma Mia! I love the songs that she sings.

- What do you like the best/the least of your profession?: The best, to feel the audience excited and to feel like a part of it; and the least, castings. Hihi

- A musical movie: Grease.

- The last CD/DVD related to the musicals that you have bought: The one of 25 anniversary of Les Miserables.

- A phrase from the musical: “Hay muchos más que seguirán gritando libertad!!!” (Los Miserables).

- Pro or contra television contests to choose artists? Yes if the contest is elegant and with decent proposals, yes. If it is like Big Brother with “freakshow” no, even though eventually they end up doing castings anyway.

- You feel proud of: Of working while things are as they are... Every day I’m grateful to God and to life.

- From the moment professional where you currently are you would highlight: Engaging me into the production of show (Poker de Voces) with people I admire and love.

- Projects: Poker de Voces, new disc at the end of the year and Los Miserables in Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment