This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"I have a dream of making a musical movie, something that Spain is lacking"

This is the interview of La Gaceta, made on January, 27th 2011. You have the interview here.





Daniel Diges, actor and singer, was the last Spanish representative at the Eurovision. Now, he dazzles the audience in Madrid in Los Miserables.



Question: Is your performance in this musical your consecration in this genre?
Answer: Absolutely. But so much for me as for the musical in Spain.


Q: Did you expect that you will be selected?
A: Mackintosh saw me perform and thought of me for this warrior.

Q: Why?
A: Because he said it goes better with my singing, attitude and energy.

Q: What led you to accept the role of 'Enjolras'?
A: It seems like a wonderful character, with great strength.

Q: Would you have liked to play another?
A: Jean Valjean, but I have no age. Maybe in 10 years.

Q: What's missing to 'Los Miserables' to be a musical 'made in' Broadway?
A: That it was in English.

Q: How many times have you read the novel by Victor Hugo?
A: I did if from my character. I haven't had time to finish it.

Q: But you would like to?
A: When I find a moment of free time, I will.

Q: What's got your attention in the book?
A: The masterly description of all the characters.

Q: Do you think that Eurovision is no longer what it was?
A: When you go, you realize that it has a great importance.

Q: So there is a musical quality there?
A: Of course. The problem is that in Spain we do not live the competition.

Q: Has it served you as a springboard?
A: Pretty much.

Q: By the way, how were you able to cope with the boycott of Jimmy Jump while singing?
A: Thanks to my theater training.

Q: Really?
A: From childhood they teach you that until the curtain falls, you continue.

Q: Why did you choose 'The Steadfast Tin Soldier' for choreography?
A: That's what the song calls for, what reminds of a circus.

Q: Any dream?
A: To make a musical movie, something Spain is lacking.

Q: And any project?
A: I'm in one with three other people who work in musicals.

Q: Any hints?
A: It will be something very American.

No comments:

Post a Comment