This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The protagonists of Los Miserables are living their dream

This is an interview that TodoMusicales made with all the protagonists of the Los Miserables on October, 15th 2010. I will here translate only what Dani said, you can find the whole interview here.


We talked to Gerónimo Rauch, Ignasi Vidal, Virginia Carmona, Daniel Diges, Talía del Val, Lydia Fairen and David Ordinas about their participation in Los Miserables, which opens November 18th at the Teatro Lope de Vega de Madrid.



WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR YOU TO BE PART OF THE NEW PRODUCTION OF 'LES MISERABLES' IN MADRID?
Daniel Diges : It means pride. Pride and satisfaction. It's something incredible. This was not on my mind. There could be other musicals, but Los Mise...rables I saw as something so far. And the truth is I'm super happy, it's a reaching to a very high level within the musicals.

WHAT WOULD YOU HIGHLIGHT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER?
Daniel Diges : I love the energy that Enjolras have. He is the head of the barricade, the leader. With this character I will sing songs of a style that I have never sung, more opera, more serious, with lots of energy. It is a character which when the music is low, he rises it. He is constantly up.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS NEW PRODUCTION OF THE SHOW CREATED ON THE OCCASION OF ITS 25TH ANNIVERSARY?
Daniel Diges : No, I have not seen it. The old assembly I've seen on video, and it's amazing. I also know the book of Victor Hugo. Being part of this story and being chosen directly by Mackintosh is incredible.

HOW DID YOU ENJOYED THE EXPERIENCE OF MEETING CAMERON MACKINTOSH AND CLAUDE-MICHEL SCHONBERG, CREATORS OF THE SHOW, AT THE PRESENTATION OF MUSICAL IN MADRID?
Daniel Diges : It was a great experience. Mackintosh gave me a hug giving me congratulations. I didn't know him personally, because he has chosen us by video. And meeting him impresses me, because he is a person that you spend whole your life hearing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment