This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"I have always asked Magi for instruments"

This is an interview made by Pedro Ángel Sánchez for Kiss FM, on January 3rd 2011. You can find the interview here.



He has had to spend the whole Christmas season working. And, since nearly two months ago, the Theatre Lope de Vega raised its curtain with Los Miserables, hardly there was a day that they didn’t have to hang the sign "No more tickets." A success that confirms to Daniel Diges that 2010 was "his year." He represented us at Eurovision, recorded his first album, did a little tour around the country... and now he returns to that what is "his home", as he puts it, the musicals. With him, about his Christmas and about what did he ask this year from the Magi, we are chatting this week with an artist who is every day more and more admired in our country.


Q: Daniel, you are the part of the cast of Los Miserables. One of the successes of this season on the Gran Vía in Madrid.
A: The truth is that it has been already two months and it is going very well. There is not a day where we do not hang up the sign "No more tickets"... and that's very good sign.

Q: How did you get the opportunity to return to the musicals?
A: Thanks to an audition I did before going to Eurovision. I play the leader of the barricades, the one that leads people to war and to die for their ideals. It is a very interesting character, perhaps the most interesting I've ever done in my life, probably because it has nothing to do with me.

Q: Did you miss to return back to the theater with a new musical?
A: Yes, because this is like my home. I loved very much making my disc and my "little tour" of the concerts... but I very much missed this.

Q: The thing that you must have noticed is that many people come to the show to see you. Something that certainly wasn’t the case before...
A: That is perhaps the biggest difference. Before, I was much more in the shade. It's very nice to see how many people come and wait for you after the show to greet you and tell you that they have come from this or that place just to see you play.

Q: This holiday season, you wanted to give us a Christmas carol, Momentos de Navidad (Christmas Moments). How do you like to spend those moments?
A: Well this year I am going to spend them here, in the Lope de Vega. In fact, this New Year I ended and started the year working... This is the first time that I do that, but I think it's a good sign.

Q: Is there any gift that the Magi brought you that you still remember?
A: A guitar that I was given when I was about six years old. I always asked the instruments from the Kings.

Q: Is there a Christmas that you'd like to go back and live again?
A: I have had them many and very beautiful ones. I remember, for example last year in Tenerife playing in Mamma Mia. There were my girl and my son. That was a very nice Christmas.

Q: When the things are going so well to someone, do you come to feel dizzy?
A: Eurovision, the disc, the popularity... All that came to me so suddenly I did only if in that moment I felt like it. When something that big comes at you, impresses you a lot. Fortunately everything now is much more settled.

Q: It was not exactly "something little (algo pequeñito)"...
A: Absolutely not! Now all I’ve asked from 2011 is that things go just as fine. Not better, not worse ... I'm satisfied that things remain as they are. That's what I’ve asked of the new year.
*There is even a video made during this interview. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment