This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Why Simoncelli?

 Somehow I forgot to give you the translation of the last entry on Dani's blog. You can read the entry here.

Daniel Diges and Jorge Lorenzo ready to enjoy a day of motorcycles.

Last year throughout the whole campaign before Eurovision I had a very special experience, I was no fan of bikes but I think that day I became fond of them. TVE invited me to the moto GP at Jerez. My girlfriend and I went there just as one promo more, but when we got there everything changed. It was like a small town around the entire circuit, like a big family, riders go back and forth with their mopeds. They turned the caravans into homes, restaurants, rest areas... each brand has its place, its caravan and its people.

They put me at the starting grid at the time when all riders were setting out, I visited the caravan where they broadcasted the race from, the great Randy Mamola gave me a ride on his bike, and I was very afraid, but it was a unique experience. They put all the gear on me and as I was going towards the tracks, something I never expected happened: people stopped singing me Algo pequeñito and started asking me, especially foreigners, for autographs believing I was Simoncelli.... Since that day I became interested in this guy, I was amused by our resemblance, especially in the hair, and I saw some interviews he did, I really liked him, I liked his way of living, his fame in a light-hearted way. Even nowadays when some Italians see me or people who have no idea who I am, they still call me "Simoncelli" when I go without my caps.

On October 23 when I woke up, I turned the TV on and the first thing I saw were the images of how he died in the circuit, inevitably I was in shock, the sorrow went through my veins and I thought, 24 years, for God's sake! When things like that happen you realize that from one day to another it could happen to you, that we spend the day thinking what we're going to do tomorrow, and how to make more money or how to be happier and we don't realize that happiness is that we are alive and that we are fortunate for that and that you don't have to wait for happiness, it's in the place where you are at this moment and that you create it with your way of thinking and being and really doesn't matter if people think you're a loser or a winner, fat or thin, that is superficial and the one that looks at you or to his surroundings that way is the unhappy one.

Last night I went to bed listening to my songs from the album that I will release soon and a thousand questions went through my mind: Will it work? Will it sell well? Will there be people who won’t like it or will judge me? If it's liked... will there be another album? Will they stop singing me "Algo pequeñito" on the street, if I have the luck that one of the songs gets to the radio or announcement??? 

Today I think that recording it was an experience so satisfactory that, be it as it may, what matters is that I'm alive, that all the days I have with me the best thing in my life and that I see him grow, my son, that my girl loves me and I her, etc... And really that's where my happiness is, sitting here writing this to all of you who want to read it. And as of that what will come next, or will it come at all, I don't know, so.... Why should I worry?

(You can see the video from that day at the GP, and the comments on his resemblance to Simoncelli here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment