This site is imagined as an archive, not a place where you find actual news... If you are looking for what Dani is doing right now go to the web page of his official fanclub 'Daniel Diges World'.

Monday, May 23, 2011

THE CORNER OF:

DANIEL DIGES
You can see this article here on the page 20.

ACTOR AND SINGER. STARS IN ‘LOS MISERABLES’
AND WILL PERFORM WITH ‘PÓKER DE VOCES’

The actor and singer poses among his keyboards at the favorite place of his home: the bedroom 
/ GRAPHIC REPORTAGE: SERGIO GONZÁLEZ


DIANA ARRASTIA
Despite his youth, Daniel Diges took advantage of a moment of crisis to reinvent itself. When his career as a presenter of  children's programs left him out of the castings that should have reconciled him as an actor who he had begun to be, at 17 years, in the series Nada es para siempre (Antena 3), he began to sing, with his hands on the piano. And did not stop until Nacho Cano discovered him in one of his musicals. Today’s balance: seven times protagonists in the genre. "In life, when you are falling, you can change things. The crisis helps you to choose new paths. You are the one looking for the luck. Nothing has been given to me, I have worked like a dog to get it." 

In addition now, to his revolutionary character Enjolras, in Los Miserables (Teatro Lope de Vega), he adds two projects more: the musical formation Póker de Voces – that unites four of the best voices of musical in Spain and will come back next Monday, May 23 at the Teatro Häagen-Dazs Calderón, and recording of his second album with the discography Warner, planned for the month of September. "It is certainly greatest moment of my life! I'm doing things that fulfill me very much.

Daniel Diges never denies his Eurovision moment. "For me it was a job more and I think that it’s the works that lead you to some spot, if you take advantage of them. I do not think that Eurovision comes bad to anyone. The fact that people recognize your name is already a good thing. But then you have to make it grow and make yourself as an artist, build a good foundation for your career. Sometimes it gets a bit annoying when people sing you Algo pequeñito, but I'm in Los Miserables, and when someone sees me doing a character so serious, they forget Eurovision. To me the song is great and that’s why I took it forward. I am very proud."

As a musician as he is, the singer and actor is accompanied in his house with two pianos, which he has installed in a not so usual place: his bedroom. "Very often when I go to bed things occur to me, so I like to have my pianos close. Also, when I can not sleep, it relaxes me a lot playing them. I improvise a few things and suddenly I feel asleep, and as I have my bed close ... One of the two pianos is new and I'm like a little kid with my toy."

Musical notes decorate the space that is his home, literally. "These stickers of instruments and musical notes – that cover the walls – they gave me as a present in one program of Teletoledo and pictures with instruments – the one with piano is his favorite – I bought them in La Coruña, when I was doing Nada es para siempre, and my mother framed them for me as a gift.  They are very nice, because they represent the music without an order. You have to be original in life and do not stick to things."

Moreover, just a few items of furniture accompany the actor at his home, because until now he had practiced a strange habit. "I need the house to give me a good feeling. Well now, I have lived many years in interior floors deliberately, to seclude me, because that way I wasn’t disturbed by outside noise nor anything else. This is one of the first times that I am in an outside home – even with a garden."


Painting bought in La Coruña, a gift made by his son Galileo and a Buddha, a gift from his friend Tomy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment